Scarlett Johansson, a renowned actress, has starred in numerous successful films and TV shows. She began acting as a child and received critical acclaim for her roles in “The Horse Whisperer” and “Lost in Translation,” among others. Johansson’s career has spanned many years. She has played various roles, from an ingénue in Woody Allen’s movies like “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” and “Match Point” to her portrayal of Black Widow in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She has been recognized for her exceptional performance in primewire movies like “Marriage Story” and “Jojo Rabbit,” receiving Oscar nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress, respectively. Here are some of Scarlett Johansson’s best films. She has starred in various movies, from indie films to blockbuster hits. Here are the top 5 Scarlett Johansson movies of all time:
- “Black Widow” (2010) –Scarlett Johansson first appeared in the MCU as Black Widow in Iron Man 2 in 2010. Since then, the character has appeared in several additional MCU films, most notably in her (one and only) solo film Black Widow. After the events of Captain America: Civil War, Natasha Romanoff is reunited with her sister, Yelana (Florence Pugh), and they embark on a journey to reconcile with the family they once knew. Critics warmly welcomed Black Widow, as it finally gave Natasha Romanoff more dimension. Johannsson acknowledged that this would most likely be her final appearance in the role, and Black Widow is a fitting send-off.
- “The Avengers” (2012) – This movie brought together some of Marvel’s biggest superheroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor. Johansson played the role of Black Widow, a skilled spy and assassin. Her performance was one of the movie’s highlights, and she went on to reprise the role in several other Marvel movies.
- “Her” (2013) –Scarlett Johansson’s voice acting abilities are grossly underappreciated, as previously stated, although her best work in that genre came in Her. In the story of an introverted man (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with his operating system, Samantha (voiced by Johansson), Johnasson collaborates with filmmaker Spike Jonze. This Best Original Screenplay winner was well-received by reviewers, and people have continued to discover it for the first time when it appears and disappears on streaming sites. Many people praised Johansson for bringing Samantha to life and displaying varied emotions despite her not being a human figure.
- “Marriage Story” (2019) –Johansson received more praise for her performances in 2019 when she co-starred in Noah Baumbach’s Marriage Story with Adam Driver as a couple going through a difficult divorce. Marriage Story centers on the all-too-common story of a couple’s marital disintegration. Johansson’s character has multiple dramatic scenes with Adam Driver when they discuss their grudges against each other. Both actors are able to express themselves as actors in their purest form, and Johansson’s performance garnered her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
- “Jojo Rabbit” (2019) – Johannsson had a successful year in 2019, receiving nominations for Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress in the same year. Her Best Supporting Actress nomination came from her performance in Taika Waititi’s Jojo Rabbit. Roman Griffin Davis plays the titular kid, while Johansson plays his mother, who is concealing a Jewish girl during World War II in Germany. The film is satirical and provocative, and it portrays Johansson in a new, humorous light.
In conclusion, Scarlett Johansson has had an impressive career in Hollywood, and these five movies showcase her range and talent as an actress. From her early breakout role in “Lost in Translation” to her recent critically acclaimed performances, Johansson remains one of the industry’s most sought-after actresses.